Atlanta has a new slam venue! Apache Cafe is now home to SlamATL and will be hosting poetry slams on first Saturdays in prepration for the National Poetry Slam! Please join us for our inaugural slam season.
Saturday Poetry Slam
Hosted by Ashlee Haze (Slam Master)
In preparation for the National Poetry Slam
Open to the first 14 slammers to sign up
1st Saturday Slam Format
14 person slam; 3 rounds; highest score to lowest score from first round determines order for 2nd round; highest score to lowest score from 2nd round determines order for 3rd round.
*Cumulative scores from the 1st two rounds will determine who is in the top 4 and those poets’ singular scores from round 2 will be used to determine their order in round 3.
Cumulative points are added for all 3 rounds to determine the winners.
1st round: 14 poets
2nd round: 8 poets
3rd round: 6 poets
Poets will accumulate points based on attendance and performance.
1st place: 10 points
2nd place: 8 points
3rd place: 6 points
4th place: 4 points
5th-12th place: 1 point
The objective is to accumulate as many points as possible in the preliminary season.
Qualifications for Finals
Apache Slam Finals will consist of the 12 people with the most points at the end of the preliminary slam season (November-April)
Poets must present a unique piece for every round they compete in up to 6 rounds. After a poet has used 6 unique poems they are eligible for repeat.
Poets may repeat any poems used in preliminaries in the finals.
Doors – Dinner – Drinks 6:3P
$10 online | $12 at the door
*Cash only, day of entry, at the door. There is an ATM inside the door for your convenience. The bar/restaurant takes VISA/MC/American Express/DISCOVER/Cash.
There is a $10 per person minimum for table seating.
Parking – 4 options:
1) on-street in a marked pay meter space. Most on-street is free after 10p Read signs!
2) Big lot between Apache Cafe and the Varisty. Self-pay at the pay kiosk on Spring St or get booted (n
3) GA Tech Hotel and Conference center one block north of us at 4th & Spring, usually $1.50/hr Read hours of operation!
REGARDING TABLE RESERVATIONS!!!:
(1) Table reservations are generally held until one (1) hour after doors open but make sure to refer to the event’s specific ticket rules on Ticketweb; if you have not redeemed your table reservation by the specified time, you will lose your reservation and your table will be made available to others without refund.
(2) Table tickets are not required to attend, but they are recommended for guaranteed table seating. Try arriving early to be seated at an open an free table.
(3) All reserved and walk-up tables have a $10 minimum per person
(4) A table ticket entitles you to the entire table with the described number of chairs. Do not purchase a table ticket for each person sitting with you at this table.
(5) General admission ticket is required per person to enter venue. Purchasing a table reservation does not include the price of admission. Admission may be purchased by selecting General Admission tickets or at the venue upon arrival.
(6) Table reservation fees do not go towards food or beverage, admission or gratuity.
(7) There are no refunds on table reservations (except event cancellations) additionally, seating/table arrangements or changes to them are non negotiable and provide no cause for refund.
(8) When you enter the venue, please see the Hostess to be seated and be prepared to show your reservation purchase credit card and picture ID before you are seated.
Should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to call the Apache Cafe @ 404.876.5436 or visitwww.apachecafe.info